On March 7, 2013, two PT faculty and nine students depart for Kerala, India. This year an elective was developed to launch the global study of PT. On this 9 day trip, there will be many academic and cultural opportunities. A few examples are:
1) Studying the theory and implementation of Ayurveda, traditional Indian medicine, which is over 3000 years old
2) Comparing PT practice in India and the US; faculty and students from both countries will work side by side to treat individuals with neurological disorders
3) Thanks to the generosity of Monroe Wheelchair and Hanger Prosthetics and Orthotics, both of Rochester, Naz students will bring donated assistive devices to kick-off a project to develop a clinic, modeled after the Naz PT Clinic, in Kannur for under-served individuals.
4) Daily morning yoga and meditation
5) Sight-seeing to temples, St. Angelo Fort, Kalari (Indian martial arts), and much more
Please be sure to watch for posts and photos!