« Professional Ethics: Integrative, Holistic | Main | "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society." - - Theodore Roosevelt. »

04/05/2010

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

S. Harvey

Intersting question, I am a medical laboratory technician at a local hospital. It has been my experience that those that I work with and come in contact with at the hospital that have a "spiritul framework" they are guided by consistently behave in a more ethical way ranging in how they deal with fellow employees or patients to how they make larger more thoughtful decisions about how matters that affect people on a grander scale. That being said I have met folks that are spiritual or religious that haven't always taken the moral high ground and conversely those that are not religious or spiritual that practice strong moral and ethical behavior. Perhaps the biggest difference I see is those that do have a spiritual or religious focus think about the greater good of community than for themselves. Thanks for your thoughtful perspective.

The comments to this entry are closed.